Professional Automation for Multi-microphone Mixing
The Dugan-MY16 is an automatic mixing card for Yamaha digital mixers that employs advanced technology from Dan Dugan Sound Design. When multiple microphone inputs need to be mixed without a script or pre-planned gain changes, the Dugan-MY16 can automatically optimize gain distribution over multiple faders so that the engineer is free to concentrate on the quality of the mix, rather than being chained to the faders. It’s almost like having a talented assistant engineer keeping track of fader levels, lightening the overall workload and maximizing efficiency.
- 24bit resolution, 16-in/16-out automatic mixing (8-in/8-out at 96 kHz)
- 2x Optical connectors, 1x RJ-45 connector
- Up to 8 cards can be used simultaneously to handle up to 128 channels at 48 kHz, or 64 channels at 96 kHz
- Automatic detection of active mics with automatic control of individual channel and overall gain
- No speech cutoff due to late fader activation, for smooth, uninterrupted sound
- Effective background noise and feedback suppression without the need for noise-gate type threshold level settings
- Easy setup: simply insert on the appropriate mixer input channels and raise the faders
- Channels can be grouped to make up to three independent automatic mixers
- Dugan Control Panel software application provides remote control and level monitoring capability
- Can also function as an 8-channel auto-mixer + 8-channel ADAT interface
More detailed information of the Dugan automatic mixer is available on this video: Mr. Dan Dugan introduces the card and demonstrates how it works.
|Operating Modes||Standard: 16 channels of Dugan mixing at 44.1 or 48kHz, ADAT connectors link multiple Dugan units
High-rate: 8 channels of Dugan mixing at 88.2 or 96kHz sample rate, ADAT connectors link multiple Dugan units
Shared: 8 channels of Dugan mixing and 8 channels of general purpose ADAT I/O
|Digital I/O||ADAT optical, 24 bit, 44.2/48kHz (Shared mode only)|
|Optical Linking||Up to 8 units may be linked in a ring; links with Models D-2, D-3 , E, E-1 and Dugan-MY16|
|Connectors||10/100 BASE T: RJ-45
Linking and Digital I/O: ADAT optical
|CL5/3/1, PM5D/-RH, DSP5D, M7CL-48ES/-48/-32, LS9-32/-16, DM2000, DM1000, 02R96, 01V96/96i, DME64N/24N, MTX5-D|
0.6kg (1lb 5oz) in shipping box
About Dan Dugan Sound Design
Dan Dugan Sound Design specializes in automatic mixing technology, with automatic mixer inventor Mr. Dan Dugan at the helm. Initially licensed by the Altec company for their automatic mixers, the unique algorithm of the Dugan Speech System™ is now being made available in high-performance automatic mixing systems under the Dan Dugan Sound Design brand. Dan Dugan products have become standards in broadcast studios, conferences, and houses of worship in the United States, prized for their outstanding performance and reliability.